Monday, 20 February 2012

No Time To Make The Sign For "Give Me A Minute!"

So I went back to Sign Language tonight after a break for Half Term. I don't know why exactly we have a break - none of the people in the class go to School anymore, but we had a break anyway.

There was a lot of anticipation in the air because we were wondering if the results of our BSL101 assessments had come back. Sadly, they had not - but were expected to be not too long
Our tutor found a good way to get the thoughts of our 1st assessment out of our heads; she told us that our second assessment would be in 3 weeks time!!

Panic set in, and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Mind you, nothing could be heard because we were signing the wailing and the gnashing.

So I have 3 weeks until my BSL102 assessment. This time I will have to have a conversation about a specific topic - either Hobbies & Interests, Pets, Family, Work, or Transport. Again, it will be a two way conversation - but I will be doing most of the signing and the assessor will be the one asking questions.

And the input is stepping up a gear - more to learn, and less time in class to keep going over it. The emphasis is more on us to practice - which isn't easy when you live alone. All I can do is sign to myself in the mirror.

But, I'm still loving learning the Sign Language!

No comments:

Post a Comment