Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Cold, Donate, Alarm, Fab.

Now, I did know exactly what I was going to write about today up until about thirty seconds ago, when I distracted myself and completely forgot. What I can tell you is that it is cold - very cold. The weather people say it could be -4 degrees tonight - and I believe them.

I'm in bed as I type this, and am trying to move as little as possible because any slightest adjustment of body position will mean lying on freezing cold bit of the mattress. I have a hot water bottle, but am clinging to it like a life preserver in the open ocean.

I must also admit that my thoughts have turned to those less fortunate than myself who are (for whatever reason) sleeping rough. These are not the temperatures you would wish to be out in tonight - I hope they find some warmth somewhere.


I've got a good day coming tomorrow. In the morning I am going to have some blood samples taken. Now I know that doesn't sound very good, but it is because, my blood will be tested to see if I can donate Bone Marrow (in the form of Stem Cells). I have already been identified as a potential match for someone who needs a transplant, but the donation people need to do more tests to see if I can donate. I really hope that I can - I think being a donor - of blood, bone marrow, whatever - is an amazing thing to do, and I am more than happy to do it if I can. I already donate blood, and have got an organ donor card, so to add bone marrow to that list would make me very proud.


Oh bugger! Don't you just hate it when you are all warm and cosy in bed, and then you realise that you haven't set the alarm on your clock radio? The clock radio you deliberately put on the other side of the room so that you couldn't just reach over and hit 'snooze', you would have to actually get up and go over to it to switch it off. The idea of this of course was that because you had to get out of bed you would get up and get dressed,rather than fall back to sleep.

And of course it doesn't work like that.

But, I stil have to get out of my lovely warm bed into the freezing cold "outside the bed" temperature and make sure the alarm is on. And I don't want to - oh no.


Anyway, I digress. The other reason tomorrow is going to be a good day is the fact that I have some very special people coming over tomorrow night for a curry. I'm not cooking - we are all getting takeaway from the Indian restaurant next door. I'm really looking forward to it as we always have a good laugh.

The middle of tomorrow (the bit at work) will be a bit dull - apart from me trying to revise my Sign Language when I can for my assessment on Saturday.

But apart from that, dull.

Now, let's see if I can muster the determination to leave my bed and set the alarm on my clock radio.......

No comments:

Post a Comment