Saturday, 7 January 2012

The Pitter Patter of Tiny Furry Feet

I definitely want to get a dog. Two if possible.

I went on my usual walk today - actually it is a bit longer than my usual walk, as I have now discovered how far 3.5 miles from my house is and can now do a round trip of 7 miles. Previously I was walking 6.64 miles and I had to round it up. I don't have OCD, but just wanted to neaten things up.

So anyway, I was out on my walk and virtually every person or couple I passed was walking a dog. Many of them also had children - but let's take things one step at a time.

The clincher for me was a little white West Highland Terrier puppy that was sat with his owner (who stood) by the side of the walk. As I approached from a distance, this little Terrier first noticed me, then backed away as I got bigger and bigger the closer I got, before bounding forward in the way only a puppy can when I said hello. He was tiny, precocious and wonderful
- and although I know they are an 8 foot cravat (a huge tie), I still want to have one.

But, I can't - at least not this year. I've got too much else going on, and don't have the funds. I would want to get a puppy (two - for company for each other while I am at work), rather than a rescue, and that means more money. At least that is my thinking at present - that may change.

But I do know that at some point, I will have a dog or two. I even know what I will call one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment