Monday, 12 December 2011

Short Term Memory Loss Resulting In Foot In Mouth

Tonight was Sign Language night and, allowing for the bad weather (wind and rain), I left a bit early. Typically I arrived early. It was still raining hard, so I ran to the entrance to the place - which was locked. Fortunately, some other people on the course - David and his wife Loreta - were parked nearby, and they let me sit in their car while we waited for the tutor to arrive and let us in.

So, while we are waiting we get chatting about Christmas etc. It turned out to be a very short conversation, because David and Loreta don't celebrate Christmas, because they are Jehovah's Witnesses. This also meant that they wouldn't be attending next weeks lesson (the last before Christmas) as we would be learning the 12 days of Christmas, and having a "party".

So, I was in possession of quite important information, given the time of year. And yet, at the end of the night when we came to say goodnight and go our seperate ways, what did I say?

"Happy Christmas!"

And then, when I realised what I had said I tried:
"Have a good time !"

Whatever that meant.

Honestly, sometimes I just don't know what goes on in that empty head of mine.........

No comments:

Post a Comment