Thursday, 29 December 2011

No Man's Land

It might be just me, but the few days between Christmas and New Year seem to be a bit of a 'void'.
The shops are open, but the streets are empty; you don't quite know how to feel - Christmas is over, but its not New Years yet, and everywhere seems subdued.

I know that many people have to work during this time, and I also expect that many people who aren't working wish they were because it would break up the boredom that can be so prevalent at this time.

Some people choose to go away on holiday for these few days, either celebrating New Years while they are away, or coming back just in time to see in the New Year.

Whatever people do, there is a definite weird feeling to the days between Christmas and New Years. It's almost a feeling of limbo, where you just don't know what to do with yourself.

Well, I have always thought there is and I have spent this time with both family and alone over the years.

Maybe its just me. Maybe its just indigestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment