Sunday, 25 December 2011

Bursting, Opening, Stuffing, and Roasting

Christmas Day started late in terms of the tradition of opening the presents. Usually my nephew Joseph wakes up at 6am (or earlier) and within an hour has the rest of us up to start the unwrapping process. However, this year turned out to be an exercise in caution for young Master Hopkinson, because we wouldn't all be here until about 11am. My Sister's husband, Russell was going to see his Brother, and I had to go and pick my Brother up from Basildon. Now, to me and you waiting until 11am to open your presents isn't too long - but to an excited Twelve year old, it is absolute torture. By the time Russell and I had both returned from our trips, Joseph was like a coiled spring. He couldn't sit still, and was pacing up and down constantly. When we were finally ready, Joseph nearly burst with excitement.

I was really lucky this year with the presents I got. For starters, I was wearing the first Christmas present I got this year - a pair of MC Hammer boxer shorts. They were a gift from a friend a few days ago. Well, the quality of gifts received continued today; I got some Blu-ray DVDs, a beautiful framed collage of photos of my Brother, Sister and I when we were children, a sign language book, a set of mugs, and some Bathroom scales (to help me manage my weight). Not a bad haul, I think you'll agree!

There's not much I can say about the Christmas dinner we had except.......IT. WAS. FAB. I ate loads, and then continued to eat loads throughout the day.

And now, I'm sat in my Sister's lounge with the film "Armageddon" on TV. And right now, I am boiling. The heating is off, but I am really hot. I don't know if it is all the food I've eaten (I don't know why it would be, but you never know), or the fact that there have been five people in one room for a long time.

Inspite of the heat, I am in a really good mood. I have had a wonderful day - the best Christmas I've had for the past few years.

I hope you have had a great day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment