Saturday, 3 December 2011

2 for 1 blog part two: Saturday; Uncomfortable Wrapping, Unpopular Food, and Saving Myself £10, but wasting £4

I must be quick as the battery is going on my mobile.

I started wrapping Christmas presents today. I was kneeling on the floor in my lounge, and I found it really uncomfortable! I don't know if it is was my knackered old knees, or if it was kneeling on the denim seam of my jeans, or if I kneeling on fossilised nuggets of chocolate dropped from previous munchings. Whatever the reason, it was painfully uncomfortable.

I don't know why, but the new bird feeder stand I got recently doesn't appear to be that popular. I know that someone is eating the bread I put out (probably the fat kid down the road), but I'm yet to see any birds actually on there. I did think that perhaps it was too out of birds eye view in the corner of my garden, so I moved it into a more central position. I'll just have to wait and see...

I had a bizarre issue with my sky remote control earlier. It simply wouldn't work. I changed the batteries from another remote, but that didn't work. I looked on-line for a solution, but all the official fixes didn't work. To order a replacement remote control would cost me £14, so I thought I would try brand new batteries. £4 later, and still the remote wouldn't work.
In desperation, I checked online one more time. I found an unofficial solution which involved removing one battery, holding down the "select" button for 60 seconds and then replacing the battery and trying again.

Bugger me if it only went and worked.

What are the chances of that happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment