Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Rejected, Inspiration, Spontaneity, Resignation

Don't you just hate it, when you big yourself up, and then don't achieve what you boasted about?

I had an appointment to give blood today. I am very proud of the fact that I give blood, and make no bones about telling everyone when I am doing it. I had crowed loudly this morning on Facebook, and due to the fact that all my friends are amazing, I got lots of nice comments.

So I'm in Blandford (look it up on Google Maps) waiting to be called. I had to fill in the health questionnaire, and for the first time in ages had to answer "yes" to a couple of questions. Not questions about sexual relations - that car still has no engine. I basically said I had been to the hospital for an examination, and that I was waiting to see a doctor. Both of these related to the ongoing investigations into my suspiciously high pressured eyes, but couldn't affect me giving blood.

Well, that's what I thought. However, when the nurse called my name to run through the questionnaire and then test my blood, it transpired that because I didn't know for definite that I didn't have Glaucoma, they couldn't risk taking my blood.

So I couldn't donate. I was really disappointed.

As I walked back to my car I checked my phone. A reminder had popped up titled "Russell Birthday" for tomorrow. Russell is my Brother in Law, and I had forgotten it was his Birthday tomorrow.
I drove round to Tesco's and perused their selection of cards. I couldn't find one suitable so - knowing that I had to find a card, write it, address it, put a stamp on it AND get it in the postbox before the 4pm last collection - I made an alternative choice.
I cannot say more than that, but I have apologised to my Sister in advance. I will explain all tomorrow.

I was late getting out of work tonight, as yet again I had to wait for a lorry. When I eventually made my way home, I popped into my local Co-op in search of something for tea. Technically I still had the vegetables and gravy/stock from my casserole - but I was a bit tired of that.
Luckily, my luck was in tonight as I found two pork chops reduced to £1.09. They had to be eaten today, and that suited me cos I had them for tea with the veg from my casserole. The purchase of the chops was a spur of the moment thing - as might be my trips to the loo tonight if they are actually past their best.

I'm not looking forward to the rest of this week. I've got a container tomorrow and Friday, and a big delivery Thursday. That means early starts (I'm in at 6am tomorrow) and long days. The thing is, it needs to be done, so although I'm not relishing the idea, I won't shy away from it.

But that is tomorrow - tonight I'm watching Arsenal on Telly.

COME ON YOU ARSENAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment