Tuesday, 29 November 2011

Pushing The Boundaries of Mash....and Random Pain

As many of you will know, I'm not afraid to try different things in the kitchen. Tonight for example, I mashed together Swede and Potato to make "Swash". And very nice it was too.
Previously, I have tried different things in my mash including:
Onion, English Mustard, Wholegrain Mustard, Peppers, herbs, and cheese.

Tonight, however, and new idea for a potential addition to mash popped into my head; Peanut.
Before you all recoil in disgust and horror, think for a second: Peanuts have been used in cooking by various cultures for centuries, so there must be some merit in their use? In my head I am genuinely not getting the notion that it wouldn't work, so will definitely give it a try - maybe Peanut Butter in mash would work better? I'll try both.....separately (the mash might taste too peanutty otherwise)

I've had a pain in my right knee today. I get this pain every now and then, and then it goes away again.
What I don't understand is why the pain I get comes and goes at random it would appear. I assume this pain is in my joint (that's what it feels like), but I'm not straining the joint by throwing my leg around one day and then walking normally the next. As far as I can tell, I'm using my legs in the same way each and every day - so why should this knee hurt one day but not the next?
I thought pain was the body's way of telling us to stop, or that something is wrong. All that is well and good, but random pain is just our body buggering about surely....

Me: Ow! My Knee!
My Body: Sorry, that's me. I'm just telling you to stop whatever you are doing.
Me: Okay, I'll stop.
My Body: Stop what?
Me: stop what I am doing that is making my knee hurt.
My Body: But the knee doesn't hurt?
Me: Well it was.
My Body: Was it? When?
Me: Just now!
My Body: What?

No comments:

Post a Comment