Monday, 7 November 2011

Pointless?

Tonight was possibly a waste of time.

As you all undoubtedly know, Monday nights are my Sign Language night, and I go down to Hamworthy near Poole for my two hour class.
This week however, it was looking like I wouldn't be able to go as my car was at the doctors having eye surgery. I was so sure in fact, that I sent my tutor a text saying that I wouldn't be there.
In truth, I was glad - we had two containers booked to arrive today, and I knew it would be a long day. I knew that, because my alarm went off at 4am this morning so I could get dressed and be in work for 5am.

So the plan was not to go to Sign Language class. There have been many great plans throughout the ages, and many plans that looked good, but were ultimately flawed. My plan fell into the second category - along with the plans of Hedey Lamarr (that's Hedley!) to get the good people of Rock Ridge to leave town, so that the railroad could go through it, and the plans for the Death Star - which included that seemingly innocuous exhaust port and trench.
You see, I hadn't bargained on my car being fixed so soon. But as I left work at 5pm - 12 hours after starting - the bloke from the garage told me the car had been fixed, and I could take it home.
As soon as I heard those words, I thought "Sign Language" - I was secretly beginning to feel a bit guilty about not going to Sign Language - I didn't want to miss out on anything, and our group was beginning to bond nicely.
Anyway, I drove home had a bite to eat, and set off to Sign Language.

Well, I needn't have bothered. I was so tired after long hours at work, that I didn't take anything in that was taught. Besides today we covered signs to describe clothing and personal features - most of which were aimed at women, so I wouldn't use them that often. We are off for a week (no class next week) so I have plenty of time to practice.

My eyes are heavy as I type this, so I will stop.

There you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment