Monday, 3 October 2011

Signs......Easy To Get Wrong!

Apologies for the lateness of this post, but I was out at my Sign Language Course tonight.

It was another good lesson, and I continue to discover that although I have done the signs we are learning on the online course I did, there are subtle differences when learning this way. I think this way is much better. Among the things I learnt tonight were:

The sign for "live" - as in "live you where?" Is only separated by the sign for "toilet" by the position of your hand in relation to your body when you sign it.

Similarly, the sign for "sugar" is dangerously similar to the sign for "shit", and it is only the shape of your fingers that is the difference. One lump or two?

I also learnt that I need to move. Tonight we learnt how to ask where someone lives, and how to say where we live by finger spelling the name of where we live. As I live in Sturminster Newton, by the time I finish the person asking the question has either forgotten what they were asking, or has died of old age.

Still, I'm really enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment