Sunday, 30 October 2011

Signal Problems.

Just what is the point of BT Openzone WiFi? Whenever my mobile detects one of these free WiFi hotspots, the level of signal is so weak that I cannot connect.
I went to Yeovil this morning to do some shopping. I got there at 9:30 so that I could have a Cappuccino in Costa before the shops opened at 10am. While I was enjoying my coffee, I thought I would pop on Facebook VIA the app on my phone. My phone was telling me that there was a BT Openzone WiFi within range - but I just could connect. I didn't even have one bar of signal. In the end, I had to connect VIA my network signal.
I am yet to come across a BT Openzone WiFi signal of any strength.

On a similar theme, I have decided that I am definitely changing mobile network when my contract runs out next April. I'm on Orange at the moment, but the reception in my house is so rubbish that my phone only seems to work when it is laid on a book on my microwave, or when it is on my bed upstairs. Subsequently, I can only make/receive calls or texts in those two locations, which is not very ideal.
My phone often loses signal, but when searches for available networks, Vodafone and O2 come up often, so I will move to one of them.

Technology eh? Waste of time....

No comments:

Post a Comment