Monday, 17 October 2011

Because My Beard Is Worth It.....and Finger Complications

Earlier today, I bought a years supply of shampoo. It's one bottle, 300ml. It is also the first shampoo I have bought in over two years. The reason? Well its not for my head - I need polish for that - nor is it for my downy behind. It is infact for goatee beard.

You see, ever since I've been growing this beard, I've been irritated by it. Not in the visual sense - I actually like it, and the general concensus is that it suits me. However, it is so scratchy and painful (for some reason) that I have been unable to leave it alone.
Thankfully, help was at hand in the form of my very bearded and wonderful friend Alyn, who suggested that I shampoo it to alleviate the irritation.

So today I was in boots looking for travel size shampoo, as I didn't need to buy a full size bottle (I could get bored of the beard in six months and shave it off). However, they didn't have any travel size shampoo so short of buying several ladies magazines and ripping out the shampoo samples in those, I chose the smallest bottle available.

Ironically, it was "Wash & Go" - which is what happened to the hair on my head.

Nonetheless, when I got home from work, I shampoo'd my beard - and what a difference it made! The irritation was gone, the spiky, painful bristles that stuck out from around my mouth, under my nose, and over my chin were replaced with silky strands of man hair. If I do say so myself, it was lovely to touch.

So that's it - from now on I will shampoo my beard daily, nurturing it and keeping it glossy and full of life.

Because it's worth it.

So tonight was my sign language class. It's only our fourth week, but man are we learning stuff!
Tonight we did one and two finger signs (not those, you rude people). We looked at the signs for:
(one finger signs)
I/Me
Myself
You
Yourself
It/That
Him/His
Her/She
Boy
Girl
This
Here
There
Down
Up
Far
Long Way
Come
Go/Go Along
Deep
High
Tell/Told
Say/Said
Warn
Lie (untruth)
But
And
Think
Soft/Easy/Comfortable
Simple
Long
Noise
London
Boss

(two finger signs)
Alter (change)
Quick
Fix
Same
Different
Impossible
Can't
Can
Meet
Near
Opposite
Follow
Forever
Meeting
Information - giving and receiving, verbal and paper based

Talk
Signing
We/Us
Teacher
Student
Story
Sing
Choir
Opera
Kick
Competition
Careful
Things
Issues
Fight

As you can see, that is a lot of signs. I've got to learn those by next week!
We are already close to being able to hold full conversations with each other. In a few weeks time we will know enough signs to be able to say our names, where we live, what our date of birth is, how we feel, describe our families, plus much more.

It is really exciting, but right now my head is buzzing! I thought the one and two finger signs would be easy...

I was wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment