Monday, 5 September 2011

Just When You Thought It Was Safe..........

It's been long enough.

The world has been waiting, and now, finally, I am ready to answer the call.

Yes folks, I'm going to write another Story!!

It's been two years since "Nonsense Tale", which spent 56 weeks at the top of the Friends and Family "Reading material so bad I wouldn't wipe my bum with it" list, and I now have the urge to put pen to paper - or rather fingers to keyboard.

This time, however, it will be different. This time, I'm going to plan my story - the plot, the characters, the settings, everything that I didn't bother to plan last time. Although I am pleased with how "Nonsense Tale" came out, I want to see if writing 'properly', makes a difference (to me) in the quality of the finished product. I'm sure it will - if it doesn't, then I would have wasted all that planning time for nothing.

At the moment, I have no idea what I am going to write about. I have custard and jellied with the idea - sorry, I meant I have trifled with the idea of writing a thriller - but I don't think my strengths lie there. I do know that I will not be writing a sequel to "Nonsense Tale", as that would be too easy. I want and expect this to be a challenge. But fear not, the characters in "Nonsense Tale" are not forgotten.

The planning process starts tomorrow. I don't know how long I will take (or need to take) to complete this project. "Nonsense Tale" took six months to write, but that was all off the top of my head. I expect that this time around, my story will take much, much longer.

So, you have been warned; The Drivel is coming - and he rides a jet black horse.

Called Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment