Sunday, 25 September 2011

Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous.........and Woo Hoo!

There is only word that adequately describes my evening last night: Gorgeous.

I was invited to dinner by two exceptionally lovely people, in my  old stomping ground of Okeford Fitzpaine, and as if that wasn't enough it was going to meet their new baby girl, Fern.

Now I am a great big hairy bloke who swears, and watches horror films, and scratches myself in inappropriate areas when the need arises - but my I lost my heart to two week old little Fern Williams. She is absolutely perfect, and although I nearly soiled myself in terror when Fern was given to me to hold by her mum (she does know how clumsy I am), when she was is my arms I am not afraid to admit that I got very, very broody. I really should have a child you know -  but need to find a woman to be with first. But Fern is such a little cutie, she really is lovely. I knew my friends were clever, but  I didn't know they were that clever.

So what a great way to start the evening. And it only got better. The meal they had prepared was a Vietnamese dish of rice and chicken but with all sorts of other stuff added in, including chilli's and limes and all sorts. It was really delicious, even in the chilli's were super hot. I only ate one.

I stayed with my friends for about four hours, and I must say it was the loveliest evening I have had in a long time. You know those friends you have who love you even though they know you are a numpty, in fact they love you because you are a numpty - these are friends like that. I feel it's a bit of a one way street because I could never put on an evening at my place which was a lovely as the one they did last night. I will try to, but I know it won't be as good.

I must be quick, because the video card on my laptop is on its way out and if it goes I won't be able to see to type.

Basically, I had the best night ever with my friends. Their daughter is gorgeous, the food was gorgeous, and they are gorgeous. Words cannot express how much they mean to me.


Tomorrow, I start my sign language course - and I am sooooo looking forward to it. It is going to be really good (I hope) and I am going to learn loads.

From now on for the next 25 weeks my Monday blog will be later than usual as I will do it when I get back home from my Sign Language course. Tomorrow, I will tell you how my first lesson went.


Provided my laptop doesn't fail me of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment