Friday, 2 September 2011

Crippling

I have had an epfininy apiphanie ......a realisation today.  Yet again, my desires to throw off the layer of blubber that surrounds my torso have been put on hold by the fact that my poor plates are suffering again.
Originally, I had nearly crippled myself by wearing my walking boots which gave me monstrous blisters on the soles of my feet. It took a month for my feet to recover, and in that time I bought a new pair of trainers with which to do my Fitness walking.
The new trainers were true to their word, and gave me no blisters. What they did do, however, is crush my toes a little - well, alot to be honest and both my big toes have very sore nails. The reason for this is that I didn't have enough room in my trainers for my feet.
That might sound a bit silly - my trainers are a size 12, and I alaways thought I was a size 12 but apparently, over time the ligaments and muscles in your feet change so the size of your feet changes.
I do admit that I don't bother trying on shoes or trainers - but perhaps I should. I reckon I'm a size 13 now, or at least need a size 13 to give my tootsies the room the need.

So, next payday I buy some clown shoes - sorry, size 13 trainers. This time I'll try them on first.

All I want to do is get fitter and lose some flab - but without crippling my feet.

Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment