Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Boring, Stilts, Embarrassment, and Early

Blimey that was a close one.

I started writing this blog, and then got distracted and did something else. When I came back to my blog, I had a quick read through - and discovered that it was the most boring piece of writing you had ever encountered. I actually thought that telling you about how the display adapter in my laptop was on the way out would make a good topic for my blog.

I wouldn't, it didn't, I won't.

Although just this second, as if to make a point, my screen flickered in a worrying sort of way........

But never mind that (he said, saving his progress), if it turns out that my screen fails before I finish this blog, then so be it. Mind you, if I don't get to publish it, you'll never get  to read it and might just as well think that I simply stopped writing my blog. But if you did that, wouldn't some of you wonder why a man that put the effort in to writing a blog every single day would simply stop out of the blue? Would you wonder if I was dead, or ill, or dead from being ill. Maybe you would think that I had some personal tragedy in my life which had made me think about the frailty of our lives and existence , and subsequently made me realise that wasting time on such frivolous things as Social Networking sites, or writing nonsense everyday, was simply a waste of my time, and therefore I decided to stop.

Or maybe you would just think "Oh, he's stopped writing his blog - what's for tea?"

Incidentally, halfway through that last paragraph my screen failed, and it took 10 minutes for me to get the computer working again. This is not good......

These are Roll Stilts. For some reason, I had a pair of these as a kid. Basically, you stood on them and the held the ropes in each hand and could walk about on them. I don't know why I had them because as I was a tall child (six foot by the age of twelve), I can't understand the need to make myself taller. Now, these may look like harmless little stilts, but let me tell you - they could be deadly. In my experience, what would invariably happen was that due to poor foot positioning, the stilts would topple over. The first problem with this is that you more often than not twisted your ankle as you foot went over, but then as the curved edge of the stilts made contact with the ground, they would roll away from you throwing you backwards to the floor. Mind you, if there is one thing that can take your mind off a twisted ankle, it's a crack on the back of your head.


I had a brief visitor this evening - and that's not someone who pops round to look at your pants -, my good Friend Alyn Williams. He was in the vicinity because he was getting a take away for  his and his pretty-much-wife-but-their-not-married partner, Emma as he had been paid today. He is a man much after my own heart. He popped in to say hello and catch up while his take away was prepared. I always enjoy visitors, but was absolutely mortified when Alyn sat on my sofa and noticed a bit of food lying on the cushion next to him. I was horrified - I am not a total slob, and do tidy my house regularly. On this occasion I had forgotten that I was having any visitors and therefore did not run my hoover round. I would also like to say that did not know that piece of food was there. if I had known, I would have cleared it up - I'm not in the habit of spreading food around my home to act as conversation starters when friend come round. So all in all, I'm very embarrassed.


Guess what I've got coming to work tomorrow? that's right - a forty foot container!! In truth, this one should not be a problem, there not too many different items, a lot of the boxes are large (= takes up more space in the container = the container takes less time to empty), and I've already got the warehouse sorted so every item has a place to go. I am still going in to work early though as I am currently one fifth of the way through entering 124 orders on the system. Before you gasp in admiration and horror, each order is only four lines, so it's not too bad. If I get in for half six, I should get a good number done by the time the container arrives.


Well, I made it to the end of this blog without the comput










just kidding!!!! (I will be getting the Blogger App for my phone incase of system failure)

No comments:

Post a Comment