Sunday, 14 August 2011

That's Either Ketchup, or My House is Possessed!!!

I've just suffered a phantom injury.

I was sat in the lounge, with dinner on a tray on my lap. I was barefoot, and as I slid my feet across the floor (not all the way - how long do you think my legs are?), I felt a sharp pain in my foot. I lifted my foot up to check it, and tipped my dinner all over my lap.
Actually, that's not true - I didn't tip my dinner over myself, I put it down carefully before checking my foot. I just said I tipped it over myself in the hope that it might keep some of you reading this awake.

So I lifted my foot and found that it there was blood on my sole - and that there was blood on the carpet too. Which makes sense when you think about it, as my feet were touching the carpet. I cleaned the blood off, and checked for a wound - but could not find one. I checked the other foot - but that was free of any marks that would be considered a wound.

I really can't explain it - there was enough blood on the carpet and on the sole of my foot to lead me to believe that some sort of wound would be visible, but like a blind man in a pitch black room with a bag over his head, I couldn't see anything.

Unless......the blood on the carpet, came from the carpet............

Maybe in the space of the last hour or so, and evil spirit has possessed the soft furnishings of my home. I'm typing this Blog upstairs in my Armchair, but I am watching the curtains very carefully. I'm meant to be watching "The Lord of The Rings - The Return of The King" tonight, but if I go downstairs and find my cushions arranged in a Pentagram on the floor of my lounge, I'm not going to be very happy. Of course, it might not just be the soft furnishings that are possessed - for all I know, I might go to the bathroom before bed tonight, and hear a demonic voice come out from the depths of the toilet and say "GET OUT!!!...............but wash your hands first."

I don't know - maybe I'm exaggerating (you think?) but it's very weird that there was blood on my foot and the carpet, but no injury...............

(Cue music from "The Twilight Zone")

No comments:

Post a Comment