Saturday, 6 August 2011

Just Pick Up Where We left Off

It's all coming back to me.

Actually - you're all coming back to me. This year and next I have and will be seeing several people that I haven't seen in a very long time.

Already this year, in May I caught up with a spectacular bunch of people that I hadn't seen in Five years, and it was just so lovely to see them all again.

Then, a few weeks later, I managed to make contact with someone who I lovingly called "mum" for a while, when I was very naive and stupid. I also developed a crush on her a few years later, which rather ruined the whole "mum" thing - but soon got over that. Speaking with her again just made my soul soar.

Only last week, I got back touch with a wonderful woman I used to lodge with, during one the happiest periods of my life. I actually chatted to her on Facebook today, which again was a real joy.

And there there is the most magnificent, spectacular person ever to own a New Zealand accent and the inability to consistently not get the offside rule (in spite of a lengthy explanation over dinner one time at Chili's in Canary Wharf using condiments). We have kept in touch via text on a sporadic basis, but haven't seen each other for about 7 years. However, she is at some point passing my way on her way to Somerset and Wales - and we hope to be able to catch up face to face. It would be really lovely to see her - it's her birthday soon, and I have her card here so seeing her would save me a stamp.

And next year there is going to be a reunion of school friends of mine. It will be 25 years (dear god, really?) since we left school in 1987, so that will be a real blast from the past. I'm really looking forward to it.

In between all of this, I have again made contact with my sort of son/nephew and his mother who I really should have married like we promised each other we would all those years ago. And I expect to get a visit from my very best friend at some point. I only saw him in May, but you can never get enough of your best friend.

And the great thing about all of the above is that with a very large percentage of assurance, I reckon that when I do see again all the lovely lovely people that I haven't clapped eyes on in so long, it will be just like we've never been apart.

It's just going to be one big catch up after another!!

No comments:

Post a Comment