Thursday, 2 June 2011

We Are Unable To Bring You The Scheduled Blog, So Here Is An Alternative.

As the more observant amongst you may have noticed from reading my blog, I like a bit of comedy. Admittedly, the humorous element in my blog is very subdued and hard to find, so you have to read very carefully in order to see it.
I came home the other day to find the centre of an egg doing some tiling, and putting up some shelves. I thought to myself "is this some kind of practical yolk?".

"But where do you get your comedy inspiration from Larry?" I hear you cry. To be honest, that's none of your goddamn business - however, I'm in a generous mood and am willing to let you know.

And yes, you are very lucky.

I have many comedy heroes - both current and past, some living, some dead. They range from people like Tim Vine, Lee Evans, Lee Mack, Bob Monkhouse and Eddie Izzard to comedy double acts like The Two Ronnies, Morecambe and Wise, and they incude such rogues as Dave Allen, and Bill Hicks. They also include my Father, and my Best Friend. My Father and My Best Friend are two different people I hasten to add - although my Father will always be my special Best Friend. However, if my Best Friend were to tell me that he was my father (in a Star Wars stylie), I wouldn't be upset.


Incidentally, I dedicate this blog to my wife, and the mother of my children. I don't know if they'll both get to read this - but it's a nice gesture.

I love both subtle humour and slapstick. I'm not a huge fan of "gross" humour - I prefer my comedy like my sex; clean, random, and surprising.

The Two Ronnies are probably my all time favourite comedy double act. I say probably, because it's a toss up for me between them and Laurel and Hardy. I have the Laurel and Hardy DVD Box set, and although their films are now between 60 and 70 years old, they still make me laugh. They worked so well together, and the jokes still work to this day (I think). Below is a small clip from one of their  most famous short films "Way Out West"

Whilst this may not be everyones cup of tea, to me it is pure comedy genius.

2 comments:

  1. Lal, I am your father :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's with the disabled symbol when u post a comment?
    Btw I have to post as anon.

    ReplyDelete