Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Not The Best Start To the Day......

Had a container today - the second in two days.

Moments after opening the back doors, this was the scene:


Bugger........




That isn't really what you want to see at 7:30am, is it?. It turns out that the boxes closest to the doors inside the container had got wet, and had subsequently weakened under the weight of the boxes stacked above them, and had leant against the doors. When I opened the doors - cardboard avalanche....

With hindsight, I wish I had had a mannequin's arm and leg available - I could have placed them protruding strategically amongst the pile of fallen boxes, taken a photo, and sued someone for injury!

But I didn't - and between me and my boss and his partner, we got that forty foot container unloaded in three and a half hours.

The next container is in approximately two weeks.




I'm booking the day off.

2 comments:

  1. Not a good way to start the day at all! Hopefully u wont find any unpleasant surprise in the next container!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've been tagged, now you have to post 7 RANDOM FACTS on your blog! i've done mine! Then tag 4 people to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete