Friday, 3 June 2011

Finding Friends Through Twitter, and I Couldn't Be Less Green Fingered If I was a Smurf Wearing Black Gloves

It's a funny old world really. On Wednesday, I decided to take a look at my long neglected Twitter account  (Larry1971@twitter.com ), as the only thing I had been tweeting was the link to this Blog - it's all about the blog - and I felt that I should make more of an effort. So I tweeted a few things, over the space of a few hours and thought nothing of it.

I went back to tweet something a little later, and was surprised to find a tweet from a complete stranger. This stranger, a guy called Makell Bird ( http://twitter.com/#!/makellbird)  runs a company called Maktown - which does TV/Radio/Mix tapes, and is a division of A.D. Entertainment. All of which makes no sense to me. All I do know is that this guy is in the U.S. and he has offered to follow my blog, if I follow his.

Now I have no idea as to how he me on twitter, but I am always grateful for new followers, so was happy to oblige. I gave him my Blog address, and he shortly confirmed that he was following (and he is - he's the first picture in my grid of followers). What I didn't expect, was that he would re-tweet my tweet with my blog address to all of his followers  - all 1,744 of them! That action has greatly increased my chances of getting more followers. Or more hate mail.

Of course, I returned the favour and re-tweeted Makell Bird's Blog address to all  14 of my followers. Yeah, sorry about that Makell......

I don't know how Makell found me - if you are reading this Makell (and I hope you are), I'd be curious to know how you found me. Obviously it was by accident - but without wishing to cause offence, have you sent the tweet you sent me to thousands of others on Twitter, with the aim to promote your own blog - or was it just  by chance or referral that you found me.

It couldn't  have been referral - my tweets are about as interesting as a Space Shuttle Mission these days.

So, there you have it - through pure chance, my blog has reached an even larger audience. Now if you could all click on the adverts at the side of my blog, that would be a great help. You don't have to buy anything, just click the ad.

I'm joking of course - you have to buy.


Today being Friday, I finished work early. Today I was really early - out the door by 12:30. Ooh - either there's a thunderstorm coming, or you guys are all grumbling about my part time work pattern!!
Anyway, I have not come home and been idle. I have done my housework, and have started attacking the dead plants and the weeds that have taken over my garden. Armed with a pair of secateurs, I have removed all the dead bits, and these will be taken to the tip tomorrow. And then I bring out the weed killer.........

Somebody has suggested that it might be a good idea to get someone who knows about plants to point out which are plants and which are weeds, but I don't think that will be necessary. I'll just use my common sense and judgement.

It's a fair bet that Percy Thrower will be turning in his grave.

And that Makell Bird has no idea who Percy Thrower is. Apart from the fact he is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment