Saturday, 11 June 2011

Cloud Bottoms, Radio Pause, Bottle Of Wine!

I took this photo today from the top of a local hill - Bulbarrow Hill. I've always wanted to know why clouds are flat at the bottom. If you look at the photo, the clouds are all flat at the bottom, as if they are sat upon a great glass table.
I don't even know if they are actually flat, or if it is some kind on optical illusion - but if they are flat, why are they? I assume it has something to do with atmospheric pressure, but like a man trying to gut a scarecrow, I'm clutching at straws.
If anyone reading this can tell me why clouds are, or appear, flat at the bottom, I'd really like to know.



I think I'd be fairly safe in saying that most of us are familiar with SKY TV, and have a SKY Box in their home. Many people (myself included) have SKY +, which allows you to pause live TV, and record individual programmes, complete series, and films etc.

I wonder if you could get the same sort of technology for car radios? I just think it might be useful if you for example hear about a programme coming on the radio that you think you would like to listen to - but you know you won't be able to listen to it at the time because you are going out, or it's too late at night. If you could record that programme and listen to it later, that would be worth it, surely?
And what about if you hear a song come on the radio that you haven't heard in years, that maybe invokes some very special memories? Rather than only get to hear some of it, you could pause the radio while you do what you've got to do, and then continue listening later.

I don't know if this would work - it might do, it might not. But I think it would be a good idea.

The weather is a bit rubbish today, so I'm just going to chill I think. I did buy a corkscrew yesterday, as I have very nice bottle of red wine that I was given as a moving in present, and I think it is time I sampled it tonight.

Whatever you are doing, wherever you are, I hope you have a good day and evening.

1 comment:

  1. First time here and i really liked ur blog. Rubbish weather where I live as well :( too bad i have to work!

    ReplyDelete