Sunday, 17 April 2011

Less Haste, More Speed

Although I'm determined to see it through, this period of having no money is tough to bear. I know that I am already more fortunate than a lot of people, and I'm not saying what I am saying because I want sympathy.

Basically, I've got no money left until payday, and as a result I'm not going anywhere at the weekends (I'm even avoiding using the car because I'm almost out of petrol and will need enough to get to Tesco next time to fill up). So I was sat at home this morning going a bit stir crazy, I didn't want to be sat inside staring at the same four walls again. Luckily for me - and for you I hope - it has been a glorious day today, so I decided to get out of the house and take a walk down to the local park and sit in the sun for a while. I was just about to go out of the door when I remembered that I was going to have a shave and then shave my head with my clippers, as my hair was getting a bit long. So, I quickly sorted that out - and I mean quickly: it takes about 5 minutes, and the sum of all the hair trimmed off my head fits in the palm of my hand, which is quite sad.

Especially when you consider that if you shaved all the hair off my back, you could fill a bath with it. And that is quite enough to make anyone vomit.Anyway, having made myself more aerodynamic, I grabbed my sunglasses and headed to the park.

The effect on my mood was instantaneous. I sat under a tree, with the warm sun on my face. The grass spread out all around me like a green carpet, and a gentle breeze kissed me softly on the cheek. It was very quiet and peaceful, and I felt relaxed, and calm, and happy. The only cloud in my sky was the fact that I didn't have anyone there to share it with. However, I wasn't feeling sorry for myself. Instead I fortified my resolution to get myself sorted so that I can be in a better position when I meet someone, and enjoy a good relationship.I sat on that grass, leant against a tree and watched the world go by. In my head I went over in my mind what I want to achieve, and looked forward to meeting someone, and what the future would hold. I know I'm a good person, and that I have a lot to offer.

It was then that I felt an itch in my right ear, scratched it - and found  I still had shaving foam in my ear. I had walked to the park and sat for the past hour or so thinking about the future and all I have to offer someone, and all the while had shaving foam hanging out of my ears.

Two phrases sprung to mind: "Let's not run before we can walk" and "attention to detail".

I'm still looking forward to the future, but I'll try not to get carried away.

No comments:

Post a Comment