Friday, 8 April 2011

Every Friday Should Be Called Good Friday, If They Are All Like Today

You catch me at good time. The sun is setting in the sky, but it is still lovely and warm outside. In the kitchen, tonight's dinner - home made chicken curry (shop bought chicken, curry sauce in a jar, but I put it together at home, okay?) -  is simmering nicely on the hob, and I've got a glass of wine in my hand. Well not right now this moment, otherwise I would be spilling wine onto my laptop, causing irreversible damage and risking starting a fire which could consume this house and claim my life.

Fortunately, the wine is on the table. And on top of all this,  it is Friday, the working week is done, and this weekend is my Birthday weekend - woo hoo!

Now you might think all of that would be enough to put me in a good mood (I am in a good mood - did I not mention that before? sorry...) - but no! there's more!
Because I am a very lovely person, I sent a text to my ex-girlfriends daughter asking if she wanted a lift home. She doesn't drive, and is totally dependant on her mum picking her up from work as the first bus comes about an hour after she finishes. I usually finish quite early on a Friday, so I offer to give her a lift home. To be honest, I look forward to it - we get on very well, better than we did when I was with her mother (as is often the case in these situations), and we do have a laugh on the short journey home.

Of course, today was no different - mainly because suddenly, and in all seriousness, she turned to me as I was driving and said "Why do you smell like Banana?"
As you might imagine I was fairly taken aback by this random question, but after a small piece of investigating I discovered that the "Banana" smell she was detecting was actually my car air freshener, hanging from my rear view mirror. The fact that it is shaped like a Maple leaf, and has the fragrance of "Alpine Fresh" is neither here nor there. It is this type of random question that endears this person to me so much. She is like the proverbial box of chocolates - I never know what I'm going to get.

Talking of chocolate, I do have a 4000g bar of Cadbury's Fruit and Nut chilling in the fridge. No, not a 4000g bar, a 400g bar. Even I, with my capacity for ramming chocolate into myself (that sounds so wrong) would struggle with a 4kg bar of Chocolate. But I would be willing to try, should anyone from Cadbury's read this.

So I dropped her ladyship at home, and popped in for a cup of tea - and a bit of time with the best dogs in the world. For those of you who are not familiar with them, here they are:



These two beauties are Herbie (on the left) and Joey. They are brothers.


And this is Megan - top dog.

As you can see, these dogs are absolutely gorgeous, and it makes my soul soar whenever I get to see them. I must admit, since me and my ex have gone our separate ways, I do miss these dogs terribly.

I've had a good day today. Recently (as my previous posts might have allured to) I've been in somewhat reflective mood, due in no small part to my forthcoming 40th birthday, and today I have definitely got some clarity on where I am and what I want from the next 4o years of my life.

Without going into detail, there are a number of areas in my life that I, with reflection, have not been happy with how they have played out during my life so far. It is my intention, from Sunday 10th April onwards, to work on and improve these areas of my life. I will not change who I am, but I will enhance who I am. I taking a positive step, and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

I am aware that my posts are not the longest in history, and the grammar and choice of words are not the most eloquent you will ever read. But the words I put down are honest, and are written the way I feel them. I apologise if my post is boring, or not interesting to you - but that is life. If you want exciting and funny all the time, watch the TV or a movie.

I'm in a very good place tonight. I'm going to have a very good weekend, I've had a very good day and life itself is good.

And it's going to get better.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Larry.
    Reaching 40 is nothing to be frightened of.
    Have a fantastic weekend
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete